Seasons, Days, Years
Hello everyone, last week my university had their annual conference (SEU Conference) and it was so amazing! I believe every time you come into something with such an expectancy, you get surprised and blown away with the outcome. I felt on my heart to share some of my notes from a session in which Robert Madu preached. I hope they transpire to your spirit and fill your heart with passion and encouragement.
- Our life is made up of seasons, days, and years. What if this was the formula for living the best life?
- "Then God said, "Let lights appear in the sky to separate the day from the night. Let them be signs to mark the seasons, days, and years." -Genesis 1:14
- How you begin something matters: There is power in introduction.
- God doesn't need anyone to confirm Him.
- First we must bring order to the chaos around us.
- Will power isn't real power.
- God is the only one that can "create" (to make something out of nothing), we can only "make" things.
- "Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day” and the darkness “night. And evening passed and morning came, marking the first day." -Genesis 1:3-5
- Praise Him when nothing is happening, believe that He is going to do something!
- Never doubt the potency of God's word just because nothing appears to be happening.
- If God said it, it has to come to pass!
- "God made two great lights—the larger one to govern the day, and the smaller one to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set these lights in the sky to light the earth, to govern the day and night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. And evening passed and morning came, marking the fourth day." -Genesis 1: 16-19
- It always gets better!
- Seasons, days, to years = secret formula
- Live the best life that Jesus wants to give you, that He came to give you.
- "The thief comes only to steal kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." -John 10:10
- He wants you to have/life the greatest life possible!
- This is the best year yet once you realize the significance of everyday!
- Every season strengthens your trust in God.
- Seasons come and go but God's word stands forever!
- "The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever." -Isaiah 40:8
- Continue to trust in God no matter the season that you are in!
- Don't allow seasons to dictate your worship, and how you live your life and relationships.
- ine the joy in every season!
These words encouraged me so much! Perspective matters and changes everything. I know that I have to constantly remind myself to find the joy in every season. It is very easy to get whisked away in the whirlwind and chaos that can arise in the different seasons. We must remember that seasons are just that, seasons. They come and go and we move on to the next. What happens in those seasons will make us for the better. To be stronger, trust more and ultimately enjoy the life that we are given. Sometimes it has to get worse in order for it to get better. Endure it, you will come through it. Remember that if He said it, it will come to pass! Take that to heart. When you face seasons of silence and stillness, press in, praise Him and choose to see the joy in the nothingness. Do not doubt for a second that nothing is happening. Don't let what feels like absesnce to become an impediment for you to live your life. Allow it to propel you and prepare you for the greatness that soon will come. Trust me, when it comes it'll blow you away!
Fashion talk! So loving this oversized turtleneck sweater! I swoon over anything oversized. Normally, I don't gravitate to red colors but I loved how vibrant but versatile this piece was. You could easily wear it with some leather leggings and boots or with some denim and sneakers. Perfect transition piece from Fall into Spring.
share your pictures on IG with me using #wandercreates